Don't you want to read? Try listening to the article in audio mode 🎧
"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new"
- SocratesOn September 17th, 2020, the People Club Austria finally started with the first Exploration Day on the exciting topic Conscious Leadership & Neuroscience. We would like to thank everyone who joined the event in person - we appreciate it very much, as it is not easy in times of physical distance. Nevertheless, we believe that we all felt how important it is and how good it feels to physically connect and exchange from time to time - and that is exactly what the People Club is for! We are aware that access was restricted for many of you due to internal company COVID-19 rules, so we would like to give you a brief review of the Exploration Day as well as an outlook on what is yet to come:
RECAP FIRST PEOPLE CLUB EXPLORATION DAY
1. Official Opening
- Campus Tour, Introduction to Talent Garden & People Club by Petra Hauser. If you have never been at Talent Garden Vienna, take a virtual tour here.
- Introduction Round of People Club Participants
- Announcement of partnership between WU Executive Academy and Talent Garden Innovation School by Helga Pattart-Drexler, Vienna University of Economics and Business - stay tuned!
2. Keynote: Conscious Leadership & Neuroscience by Johannes MahlerJohannes Mahler (Thrive X) gave us an introduction to flow and mindfulness and what it means in leadership. We were all able to test these new insights on the topic of consciousness and its correlating neurological effects through the exercise "Boxed Breathing", in which the mind finds peace through breathing in a certain time frame. If you want to try boxed breathing yourself, do it here.
3. Collaborative Workshop & Testimonial guided by Petra HauserWhich problems can be solved with the means of flow? Clustering blockages Which flow factors/exercises could solve the problems? Finding different ways to resolve blockages
4. Best Practice: Mindfulness at SAPDr. Heidger Marx from SAP joined us virtually and gave us an overview of how mindfulness works and is integrated at SAP. We recorded the conversation and you can rewatch his presentation and the following questions and answers. We tested his recommendation of the "Mindful-Minute" at the beginning of each meeting at Talent Garden and we really love it ;)
INVITATION: EXPLORATION DAY #2
People Club Exploration Day #2 Organizational Change Approach with Roland Hess on October 22, 2020Roland Hess will change our view and our organizations. With his straightforward approach to recognizing the connection between blocking mental models and the system of our organizations, Roland will raise awareness of the effects and impacts of our own behavior. Register now for our next People Club Exploration Day on October 22, 2020.
FUTURE HYBRID VERSIONIf there is one thing the past few months have taught us, it is probably that we need to remain flexible and that things that we took for granted may need to change. Many of you are not able to come to the campus personally. For this reason, we are trying to set up a live digital version for you, which means that you can participate in the Exploration Days from the safety of your home - so stay tuned for more information soon!
BECOME A PEOPLE CLUBBER AND DIVE DEEPER INTO DIGITAL HRBecome part of the unique community of HR managers and people leaders now and benefit from many incentives including our vast network and valuable connections to people:
- As a People Club Member you’ll receive a 15% discount on Workshop Rooms & Event Space at Talent Garden
- Colleague Bonus: A colleague is joining you on this transformational journey?
- Receive a 10% discount on every additional company membership
- Friendship Bonus: If you refer someone from another company, you’ll receive 500€ off your own membership
Article updated on: 23 August 2023
Don't Waste Your Talent. Turn It Into a Career With a Course That Fits Your Needs!
Discover the Courses Now!
Talent Garden is your Digital Skills Academy, offering courses in Digital Marketing, UX Design, Digital HR and Data Analysis designed to launch your career.
5 min read
Why Scaleups are Choosing Coworking Spaces
The economic and health crisis caused by Covid-19 has strongly impacted many sectors, including innovation. ...
Talent Garden 08/09/2020
2 min read
Talent Garden Unveils New Dublin Campus
Talent Garden reveal details of the new Dublin campus, the first residents as well as a month-long tech learning ...
Talent Garden 25/07/2018
3 min read
The Human Factor: A Key Risk in Cyber Security
The current situation has caused many workers to carry out their workday from home. This has brought several ...
Talent Garden 13/11/2020
4 min read
Creating safe and secure work environments after COVID-19
For most of Europe, we are finally on our way towards a post-COVID-19 reality, where the virus is still a threat but as ...
Talent Garden 21/05/2020